Slowly but surely the visitor attractions throughout the World Heritage Site are slowly re-opening.
Here is a summary but please check with individual attractions as opening hours may change in these fluid times.
- Blaenavon ironworks is already open but tickets must be pre-booked at least 24 hours in advance. Some parts of the site will be restricted. For more information go to Ironworks website
- Big Pit National Mining Museum is re-opening on 1st September but tickets must be pre-booked via the website 24 hours in advance. The museum will only be open 4 days a week Tuesday – Saturday. Tickets will be released only 2 weeks in advance. There will not be an undergruond tour and the “King Coal: Mining Experience” will also remain closed. For more information go to their website.
- World Heritage Centre is re-opening on Tues 8th September but the Heritage Cafe will be opening on Tues 1st September.
- The Heritage Railway is running its first event of the year on 29th August. pre-booking is essential. £32 per compartment (up to 8 people per compartment). For more information go to their website.
- The Rhymney Brewery Visitor Centre will remain closed but the shop will be open.
- The Community Museum/Workmen’s hall/Cinema all remain closed due to refurbishment work.