Spend a few hours walking around the top of the Blorenge and down to Garnddyrys Forge.
Meet at keepers pond car park at 10.00. Back around 13.30 (4 miles approx).
Leaving the car park, we look at some original mine working, including scourings, bell pits and drift mines, and then over to foxhunter carpark.
Next across the top of the mountain to the trig point and onto the ridge looking down onto Abergavenny and the Usk valley and Black Mountains.
Around the ridge and down to the forge (taking care crossing the road). Forge ruins date from 1816 and form the location for “Rape of the Fair Country” by Alexander Cordell
Leaving the forge, we follow hills tram road which carried limestone and iron to and from blaenavon iron works. Then uphill to the carpark.
Appropriate walking shoes/boots and waterproofs required.
Booking is essential as places are limited.
To book a place phone Blaenavon World Heritage Centre & Library on 01495 742333 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.